West Valley Water District offers an internship program for students currently enrolled in the Water Supply Technology program
at San Bernardino Valley College (SBVC).
This is a cooperative work experience partnership that offers the opportunity for students to receive field internship hours to earn college credits while working in a non-paid capacity while gaining "real" work experience.
Internship Participant Requirements
- Be currently enrolled in the SBVC Water Supply Technology Program.
- Have successfully completed Water Treatment I (WST071) and Water Distribution (WST061) courses.
- Provide a copy of SBVC unofficial transcripts
- Be enrolled in the one-unit Work Experience course (WST098-01) or the two-unit Work Experience course (WST098-02)
- Be able to complete 60 or 120 hours to satisfy requirements of the work experience course
- Maintain a grade of "C" or higher in each course to remain eligible to participate.
- Have a current driver's license and submit to a DMV records check.
- Submit to a drug screening test and criminal background check.
Applications are currently be accepted for the Spring 2018 semester and will close on November 22, 2017. Internships will begin the week of January 22,2018.
Please click on the Internship Application Packet flier link below which will also provide further details about the internship program.
West Valley Water District Internship Application Packet Flier
If you need additional information, please call the Human Resources Department
at (909) 875-1804, Ext. 340.