The mission of the Purchasing Department is to professionally and ethically meet the needs of West Valley Water District (WVWD) through the competitive sourcing of materials, goods, services, and equipment of best value in a responsible and timely manner.
The Purchasing Department is responsible for carrying out the Purchasing Policy, soliciting formal and informal bids, maintaining inventory, managing facilities contracts, processing requisitions and managing purchase orders.
How to do business with West Valley Water District:
Thanks for your interest in doing business with us. You should know that WVWD works with many suppliers and contractors who are just as committed to providing a reliable, high-quality water supply as we are.
WVWD is continuously looking to grow its vendor database to provide the District the best value to it’s ratepayers.
If you are interested in working with us, please email the Purchasing Supervisor, Al Robles, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction of your company along with a line card, if available.
Information for projects and services over $25,000:
The West Valley Water District (WVWD) implemented Planet Bids, a fully automated web-based vendor and bid management system. This system will make doing business with WVWD easier by providing vendors up-to-date information regarding formal bid requests over $25,000.
Some of the key features and benefits of Planet Bids include the ability to:
- Maintain your own profile as a new or existing vendor
- Receive automatic e-mail notifications for selected bid opportunities based on product/service categories
- Search for all types of requests, addenda, plan holders, bid results, and contract awards at any time.
- Request and download bid document(s) when available
- Receive automatic addendum notification as a bid participant
- Submit electronic bidding in some cases, allowing bid responses to be securely submitted on-line
WVWD conducts most of its bid and proposal solicitations online through the system. Vendors must register by proceeding as follows:
- Go to https://www.planetbids.com/portal/portal.cfm?CompanyID=28789
- Click on “New Vendor Registration”
- Complete the form by navigating through the different tabs and submit.
- Once registered, you are able to begin utilizing the full benefits of the system and maintain your profile at any time by revisiting the same site above.
- View opportunities at https://pbsystem.planetbids.com/portal/28789/bo/bo-search
For any questions regarding Planet Bids or formal solicitations please contact our Purchasing Supervisor, Al Robles (909) 875-1804 x341 or email at email@example.com