We believe in clean, abundant water—and making your life easier. That’s why we offer many different ways to pay your water bill. Click below to see payment options and the latest rates.
It’s our goal to provide a reliable and safe drinking water supply to meet your present and future needs at a reasonable cost—and to share easy tips on how to conserve.
Need help paying your water bill? Interested in learning more about financial assistance resources? West Valley Water District is here to help.
If you’re experiencing hardships and are unable to pay your bill, you may request a payment plan by calling our customer service team at (909) 875-1804.
If you require additional assistance, you may be eligible for the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) through the Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County. To apply or to learn more, visit www.capsbc.org/lihwap or call (909)723-1500.
LIHWAP assistance is provided in the form of a credit on your water bill. Credits are paid out directly to the water companies. Your household may qualify if:
- Your total household gross income is at or below 60% of the State Median Income or a household member is a current recipient of CalFresh or CalWORKs
- You have a past due amount on your water or wastewater bill
- You receive service from a community water system or wastewater treatment provider (private wells and septic excluded)
- Your water or wastewater system has enrolled in the program
- Renters: If your water and/or wastewater bill is included in your rental payment you may still qualify for LIHWAP if you are past due on rent. The application will require an additional step: you must complete an agreement with your landlord to apply the benefit amount.
The Department of Aging and Adult Services offers a wide variety of programs designed to help the senior, disabled , and at-risk adults in our county. To find out if you may be eligible for assistance regarding unpaid bills contact:
Adult Protective Services
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
24-HOUR TOLL-FREE HOTLINE
You can view your bill and make an online payment with your VISA or MasterCard or ACH by signing up in our Online Payments system. You can also sign-up for recurring payments or a one-time payment.
Online Banking Bill Pay
Sign up online through your bank to have utilities payments deducted from your bank account on the bill due date.
Send your payments to:
West Valley Water District
PO Box 102060
Pasadena, CA 91189
Pay your bill with cash at CVS Pharmacy, 7-Eleven, and Family Dollar
Automated Telephone Payment
(Available in Spanish)
This allows you to pay over the phone, safely and securely. You can pay with your VISA or MasterCard. Any type of gift cards are not accepted.
First, find your account number on your bill. Next, dial (909) 875-1804, and press “2” to be connected to the system. Follow the instructions you hear, and enter your responses on your touch-tone phone.
Also, you can use the system 24 hours a day,
7 days a week for the following:
- Check account information
- Check billing and payment history
- Pay your bill
- Request fax receipts
Make a Payment in Person
Monday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
For your convenience, a payment drop box is located at our District Office in front of our Customer Service entrance at:
855 W. Base Line Road
Rialto, CA 92376
Understanding Your Bill
We admit it. Deciphering your water bill can be a bit challenging. Here’s some help.
This section contains the CUSTOMER’S NAME, and the MAILING ADDRESS for the account, (please let us know if there are changes).
The “Meter Information” Section contains:
- The serial number of your METER.
- The type of billing UNITS for your account. Most accounts are billed for each unit of CCF, (1 CCF = 100 cubic feet which is equivalent to 748 gallons).
- The SERVICE PERIOD which indicates the period covered by the bill.
- The CURRENT READING of your METER.
- The PREVIOUS READING of your METER.
- The total water USAGE which is calculated by subtracting the PREVIOUS READING from the CURRENT READING. The total USAGE is used to calculate the CONSUMPTION CHARGE.
- The approximate number of gallons used during the service period.
Your Monthly Usage
The “Your Monthly Usage” Section contains:
- A graph showing your Water Consumption history for Base Year 2013.
- Current Consumption
- Target Consumption Goal; how much we would like for you to conserve.
The “Account Information” section contains:
- The ACCOUNT NUMBER, (which should be included on all payments and/or correspondence).
- The SERVICE PERIOD which indicates the period covered by the bill.
- The SERVICE ADDRESS where the water is provided.
- The BILLING DATE which indicates the date the bill was prepared.
- The DUE DATE which indicates the date that payment is due.
The “Account Activity” section contains:
- The amount of the LAST BILL.
- The total amount of payments received since the LAST BILL.
- Any LATE FEES/ADJUSTMENTS charged to your account since your LAST Bill.
The “New Charges” section contains:
- The amount of the CITY TAX if one has been established by your community.
- The amount of the MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGE which is based on your meter size. This covers costs associated with meter reading, billing, customer service, and other administrative support functions.
- The amount of the CONSUMPTION CHARGE which is based on your actual water usage.
- Tier 1 = 0-10 Units, Tier 2 = 11-50 Units, and Tier 3 = 51+ Units
- The amount of the TOTAL CURRENT CHARGES, (this does NOT include previous charges, fees, adjustments, or balances).
The “Account Balance” section contains:
- The TOTAL AMOUNT DUE which includes the current charges plus any previous charges, fees, adjustments, and balances.
- The DUE DATE of the bill. If payment is not received by this date, a delinquent fee may be applied to your account.
The “Special Message” section contains any special news the District wants to bring to your attention.
A payment coupon is included for your convenience. It contains all of the information we need to properly process your payment.
Your monthly bill contains at least two types of charges: a monthly Service Charge, and a charge for the amount of water you use (called consumption). You may also have other charges, such as your city’s utility users’ tax.
Monthly Service Charges
The monthly Service Charge is a ready-to-serve charge applicable to all metered services. Once a meter is installed, the ready-to-serve monthly Service Charge begins and only ends when the meter is removed or the water service to the location is terminated. The charge is based on the size of the water meter installed at the location.
Water Consumption Charges “Tiered Rates”
You are charged according to the amount of water you use. The more you use, the higher your water bill. Tiered rates reward those customers using less water by charging less per unit of water. A unit of water is 748 gallons.
Tier One includes 1 to 10 units of water charged at $2.13 per unit.
Tier Two includes the next 11 to 50 units of water charged at $2.30 per unit.
Tier Three includes everything above 51 units of water charged at $2.53 per unit.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Check back to this website often. You can also contact our Customer Service Department five days a week (Mondays through Fridays, excluding holidays) and by phone at (909) 875-1804.
Property Owner Responsibilities
During the past several years, the West Valley Water District has experienced a large increase in population, many of which are tenants who move on without paying their water charges. These unpaid charges must be passed on to other users in the District.
To avoid this inequity, the Board of Directors has adopted the following policy.
Section 31701 of the California Water Code
Pursuant to the California Water Code, Section 31701, and West Valley Water District’s Water Service Regulations, Article 13, the property owner shall be held responsible for all charges owed to the District, whether or not the property owner lives on premises or signs the application for water service.
All unpaid bills shall be made a lien against the property for which service was requested pursuant to the California Water Code, Section 31701.5 Et Seq., and West Valley Water District’s Water Service Regulations, Article 13.
If you have any questions regarding this procedure, please contact Customer Service at (909) 875-1804.